Outsourcing IT services to the cloud is an exciting alternative to conventional heavyweight IT services provision.
Why Cloud Computing?
The benefits of incorporating a cloud computing platform into the work environment can include:
- Spectacular savings in IT manpower, licensing, backup and infrastructure costs
- Increased worker mobility and connectivity
- Enhanced effectiveness through built-in collaboration, communication and publishing tools.
- An ability to refocus manpower and resources on critical line-of-business applications
At Helium 3 we use Google Apps with great success. Google Apps
- A full, secure and powerful messaging solution with 25Gb of email per user and excellent spam protection.
- Office applications including work processing, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Centralised contacts, user and resource calendaring, document sharing and other collaboration applications with offline modes.
- Instant messaging including voice and video calls.
- Many other services
- High scalability, availability and continued enhancements to all of the above.
Google Apps for Education and Non-Profit organisations is free. Business users have an annual flat per user charge (currently $50 USD ) for all of the above.
We would like to explore opportunities in the reseller, support and value-added market for Google Apps. We can assist with:
- Deployment - moving users and data to Google Apps
- Support - providing a skilled, personal value added tier of support between the organisation and Google.
- Custom development and advice for the Google Apps environment, including Gadgets, Sites, Scripting, and Application development on Google App Engine.
To help Helium 3 develop more experience in this area we currently offer time-limited expenses-only services for new deployments. Contact us
to find out more.